£24,000 – £30,000 Per Annum (Pro Rata)
We are a leading and award-winning branding, graphic design and website design in Somerset, UK, that is all about collaboration. We have been working hard since 2009 to create mutually rewarding and long-lasting relationships by ensuring our clients get the time and attention they need. By listening and engaging, we understand every client is different.
Creativity is at the heart of everything we do. We work with start-ups to large corporates, from 1-50 employees, local and international businesses, and across all industry sectors.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a new website developer who has a great knowledge of WordPress and Elementor to help build websites for our clients. We are seeking someone with a positive personality who has passion for learning and evolving to meet the demands of this industry. This person would be the type of person who would enjoy sinking their teeth into a challenge and is happy to solve problems using their own initiative in order to achieve goals.
To fit in with our team, you must have a deep appreciation for branding and graphic design at the core of website development. You must be creative and have a flair for laying web pages out to fit the brand or style of the customer. Along with great design and layout, a faultless build will be required.
You should also be confident enough to push back on the leadership team and express your opinion if you think the ship is heading off course. We encourage that.
Your job will be to use your past experience to:
- Build WordPress websites (Shopify if required) using provided mockups (and occasionally without provided mockups), provided content and follow industry best practices.
- Here are a few examples of websites we have built to show the standard that we aim to achieve:
- Must be able to give good guidance on which platform is best for customer, including monthly costs for plugins, add ons, payments gateway fees, etc
- Must lead the web development team and ensure clients brand is followed
- Help develop procedures and testing schedules
- Keep websites up to date and handle client requests in a quick and efficient way
- Help team with customer quotes, attend team meetings and support with any technical requests
- Add SEO software to website, such as RankMath or similar, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Help set up emails and purchase domain names
- Report in daily to office manager/director about project progress and help set project schedules
- Liaise with our hosting providers via chat and support tickets when required
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our own website
- Train customers in WordPress once their website goes live
- WordPress with Elementor, WooCommerce and Manage WP
- Shopify an advantage
- Have an understanding of best SEO practices
- Proficient in Adobe Create Suite – XD/Figma and Photoshop. Some knowledge of Illustrator an advantage.
- You should be comfortable using some internal communication tools such as Clickup, Google Drive, Zoom, Slack.
HOW WE WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED
- We want you to succeed in this role. We will provide any additional training you may need to get on board and hit the ground running. We’re not going to teach you how to do your job, because your past experience will serve you well. However, we will train you regarding our systems, our products, and our customers so you can apply your skills to help us achieve our mission. We are happy to support further training when required.
- You will have a team to support you and communicate with when required.
- We will also listen to you, see you for who you are, and encourage you to bring your entire self to work. We are humans first, work colleagues second.
This is a part-time or full-time role and we’re not looking for an agency. We require a developer for a minimum of 25 hours per week up to 35 hours per week (wage stated is on a pro rata basis). Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm.
We are open to all opportunities in order to find the right person for the job, so we are open to employed or self-employed/freelance applications, full or part-time with the opportunity to work from home one day per week (for local employed workers). We are happy to expand on this for applicants that aren’t local or if you are self-employed.
Please visit our online portfolio and in your application include the name of one of the websites featured in our portfolio.
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV and covering letter including examples of websites you have designed and websites you have developed, stating how many hours your are available each week.