Are you a Graphic Designer looking for a fresh start or additional hours?
Design Hive Ltd are a multi-award-winning branding agency with creativity is at the heart of everything we do, from branding and graphic design to building websites that deliver amazing results. We help small businesses and organisations (with 1-50 employees) review, redefine, and refresh with a consistent brand, marketing collateral and a website that dominates their marketplace.
We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our team on an employed or freelance/self-employed basis. You will be knowledgeable about all aspects of graphic design and be involved in a variety of projects, which require excellent attention to detail. The role involves regular use of Abobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Acrobat, Word, Excel and Outlook.
You will have a minimum of 3 years experience and be seeking part-time or full-time hours between 15-37 hours a week. You will be located at our Highbridge office or working on a hybrid basis.
As a team player, you will be responsible for working on projects including branding, logo design, print design, website design, signage, exhibitions, and packaging design. You will have a good understanding of preparing jobs for print from first ideas through to final execution.
More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Design on-brand creative solutions for a variety of uses: websites, print design, email campaigns, social media graphics, branding, packaging, signage and event and exhibition graphics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver designs that are creative, useful, and on brief
- Work closely with clients, taking part in meetings, in order to understand their requirements and meet their needs
- Answer incoming calls in a timely, polite and professional manner. Having the ability to ask the right questions to enable you to deal with the call effectively or direct them to the appropriate person
- Organise emails on a daily basis, replying to emails or directing to colleagues
- Book in projects and write up briefs
- Proof projects before clients or creative director review work
- Invoice for work if required
- Deal with general enquiries
- Help in other departments during busy times
- And other activities that the company requires
- A good understanding of our company brand is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills with excellent telephone manner
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in digital design, graphic design, or a related field
- Proven experience in a professional digital design role
- A portfolio of previous digital and design work to showcase experience and creativity
- Solid knowledge of design software programs, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Working knowledge of core Microsoft programmes, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
- Experience using Google Suite
- Knowlegde of Adobe XD or Figma
- Positive, can-do attitude, driven and committed
- Ability to clearly present design ideas and concepts for campaigns and projects
- A team player with exceptional organisational and technical skills
- Ability to work across a broad range of industries and meet publishing deadlines
- A good standard of education, ideally 5 GSCE passes or equivalent
- A passion to get involved with our social media platforms and help with marketing duties
- Work on new ideas to help with company processes and documentation
- You must be based within the UK
Nice to have
- Knowledge of WordPress and content management systems
- Experience using Mailchimp
- Assist with website content management, maintenance, and advertising
- Experience using a CRM such as ClickUp or similar and Zapier
- Good understanding of social media platforms
Part-time or Full-Time: 15-37 hours per week
Must be available across 3-5 days a week anytime between 9am – 5:00pm Monday to Thursday. 9am – 4:30pm on Fridays.
- On-site parking
- Remote working with non local employees or freelancers
- Company pension
- Company events
- 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Your birthday off!
£22,000 – £28,000 pro rata per year
Due to the flexibility of this role, salary will be based on experience and hours worked.
If this sounds like you, please send through your CV/employment history and covering letter. Please also send through any related portfolio work to email@example.com
It is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within two weeks of the expiry, please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.