We’re looking for that special someone to join our Hive!
We are hiring a Website Developer with a love for all things digital including Marketing / SEO / Social Media
Location: Highbridge, Somerset
Type: Full & Part Time Hours Available – Permanent
Pay: £18,000 – £30,000 (pro rata)
Established in 2005, The Design Hive are a successful award winning design agency based in Highbridge, Somerset. We offer branding, graphic design and website development to our clients.
We are expanding our hive! Do you love all things digital? Are you someone who enjoys working in a diverse and exciting digital role? Are you an experienced and passionate website designer with a love for search engine optimisation and social media? We are looking for a talented web designer with a keen eye for graphic design to see a website through from concept to go live, performing SEO and keeping social media accounts up to date. We are looking for you to hold a Diploma/HNC/NVQ level 4/degree or equivalent in a technical subject.
Your role will include:
- Building clean, user friendly and creative websites
- Maintain and update websites
- Set up email accounts
- Keeping social media platforms up to date
- Work on monthly search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Creating email campaigns
- Writing high quality content for websites and blog posts
- Liaising with customers face to face, on the phone and by email
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- At least 1 years experience as a website designer using WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Strong HTML and CSS experience. Other coding languages beneficial (portfolio or examples required)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac, including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of current SEO best practices
- Experience using Google Analytics
- An understanding of the importance of well written code
Additional skills an advantage:
- An understanding of SEO
- Social media management
- Content and copy writing
- Understanding of GDPR legislation
- Knowledge of Google Adwords and PPC
- Experience in the tech or IT services sector
- Company pension scheme
- Free parking
- 28 days holiday pro rata including bank holidays
- External and internal training
If you think you’ve got the skills and enthusiasm to join our hive, apply today…
Please send through your CV and portfolio of work today to email@example.com. You must send through a range of websites you have designed and built from portfolio sites to ecommerce.
Please also answer the following questions:
1. Provide information about the each portfolio piece supplied. Were you involved in the design and/or build/SEO of the website?
2. What skills do you hold relating to the vacancy and for how long?
3. What software are you competent at using and for how long you have been using it for?
It is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks of the expiry, please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Follow us on Twitter @designhivetweet