#SocialPlatformTips #HashtagTips #SocialMediaGrowth
We’ve all seen them in social posts. #this #that they are everywhere! But where, why and how do you use them to maximise eyes on your content?
Allow us to explain!
First, it’s important to understand that hashtags are a way to categorise content on social media platforms. By using a hashtag, you’re essentially grouping your content with other similar content, which can help increase its visibility and engagement.
Here are some of the best platforms to use hashtags, along with a brief explanation of why they’re effective:
1. Instagram – Instagram is one of the most hashtag-friendly platforms out there. You can use up to 30 hashtags per post, and using relevant hashtags can significantly increase your post’s reach and engagement.
2. Twitter – While you’re limited to 280 characters on Twitter, hashtags are still an effective way to categorize your content and make it easier for users to find. Tweets with two or three relevant hashtags tend to receive more engagement.
3. LinkedIn – Hashtags are a newer feature on LinkedIn, but they’re becoming more popular as the platform grows. Using hashtags on LinkedIn can help increase the visibility of your posts and help you reach a wider audience.
4. TikTok – As a primarily visual platform, hashtags are particularly important on TikTok. Using relevant hashtags can help your content get discovered by new users.
In general, you should use hashtags to make it easier for people to find your content. By using the right hashtags, you can increase your reach and engagement, help grow your following, and ultimately achieve your digital marketing goals.
But what about Facebook I hear you cry!
While hashtags are widely used and effective on several social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, their effectiveness on Facebook is relatively limited.
There are a few reasons why hashtags are not particularly relevant or effective on Facebook:
1. Facebook users tend to use the platform differently than other social media platforms. They are often less interested in following specific topics or hashtags and more interested in following pages or profiles of people they already know or brands they already like.
2. Facebook’s algorithm prioritises personal connections over content discovery. This means that even if you use popular hashtags on Facebook, your content may not show up in the newsfeeds of people who aren’t already connected to you in some way.
3. Facebook already uses other tools to categorise and organise content, such as tagging people, pages, and locations. This means that hashtags are redundant and don’t add much value to the platform.
While hashtags may not be very useful on Facebook, there are other effective ways to increase engagement and visibility on the platform, such as creating engaging content, using Facebook Ads, and engaging with your followers through comments and messages.
Design Hive is a local award winning full service creative and digital agency helping businesses with everything from logos, business cards through to fully functioning e-commerce websites and digital marketing campaigns. Our certified and award winning team are always on hand to offer advice and guidance to help drive your online presence and image. Reach out today to see how we can help your business.