Business Development/Sales Manager
£30-40k per annum + uncapped bonus
Design Hive Ltd are a multi-award-winning branding agency with creativity is at the heart of everything we do, from branding and graphic design to building websites that deliver amazing results. We help small businesses and organisations (with 1-50 employees) review, redefine, and refresh with a consistent brand, marketing collateral and a website that dominates their marketplace.
We are looking for a Business Development/Sales Manager to join their growing team. Experience in the branding, graphic design and website development industry would be an advantage. Finding the right person to fit in with our fun and friendly team, is our goal.
You must be a highly motivated candidate who is confident talking to people on the telephone and in person. You will proactively seek new business opportunities, build relationships with new and existing clients, answer incoming calls and process new projects.
The ideal candidate will target-driven with excellent customer service skills, be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, whilst also being confident, friendly and happy to work as part of a small team.
The role will involve carrying out a wide range of administrative and marketing duties to support the creative director and design team. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of administrative tasks, which requires excellent organisational abilities to help keep the studio running well, clients informed and the design team up to date. The role involves regular use of Word, Excel, Outlook, our CRM, Quickbooks, Google Suite and Adobe Suite (training can be given), so competent IT skills are essential and a passion to learn new skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
STUDIO ADMIN & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Meeting sales KPIs
- Responsible for sales management for UK regions
- Responsible for managing, motivating sales development to drive revenue growth
- Generating leads and turning them into opportunities for sales
- Successful management of a pipeline of work
- Work with marketing team to develop marketing ideas and brand exposure
- Upselling additional services and products
- Attending networking events
- A passion to get involved with our social media platforms and help with marketing duties
- Updating and creating internal documents to improve workflow within the studio
- With keen organisational skills, you will book in new projects using ClickUp. This will ensure the team know what projects are booked in and when they need to be worked on. You will also be responsible for writing project briefs, keeping track of project costs, liaising with suppliers, and recording this information in ClickUp
- Purchasing website domains as and when required by our web team
- Help in other departments during busy times
- And other activities that the company requires
- Answering incoming calls in a timely, polite and professional manner. Having the ability to ask the right questions to enable you to deal with the call effectively or direct them to the appropriate person
- Organising emails on a daily basis, replying to emails or directing to colleagues
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain quotations
- Liaising with potential customers via telephone, email, face to face and networking events
- Invoicing clients for completed projects using Quickbooks and setting up direct debits
- Assisting with the preparation of customer quotations and proposals
- Organising website support tickets and requests
- Proofing projects before being emailed to clients
- Ensuring actions remain compliant with appropriate company processes and industry legislation such as GDPR or FCA
- Credit-checking customers to ensure financial viability
- A good understanding of our company brand is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills with excellent telephone manner
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record of developing and managing customer accounts
- Business Development & Sales: 3 year (preferred)
- Account management: 3 year (preferred)
- Working within a targeted B2B sales roles
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships through strong interpersonal skills and great customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
- You must be self-motivated, able to work on your own and prioritise your workload
- A good standard of education, ideally 5 GSCE passes or equivalent
- You must be based within the UK
- Experience of working within the creative industry
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator will be an advantage
- Experience using Mailchimp
- Experience using a CRM such as ClickUp or similar and Zapier
- Good understanding of social media
- Experience using Quickbooks
- Full or part-time considered: 20-37.5 hours per week
- Must be available between 3-5 days a week anytime between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- We will consider hybrid or remote working depending on location of successful candidate.
- 12-month performance related salary review
- On-site parking
- Company pension
- Company socials
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Your birthday off!
£30,000 – £40,000 pro rata per annum + uncapped commission OTE 45k per annum.
Due to the flexibility of this role, salary will be based on experience and hours worked.
If this sounds like you, please send through your CV/employment history and covering letter. Please also send through any related portfolio work to firstname.lastname@example.org